Beauty is skin deep and oftentimes, we do not realize the foods and liquids that we consume could easily exacerbate skin problems as well as clear them up.
A conscious change in diet is sufficient to reset the body, restore overall vitality, and pave the path to radiant skin from within, in just a few days.
May we suggest foods rich in:
- Cleansing and anti-inflammatory properties
- Collagen-boosting nutrients
- Prebiotics and probiotics
- Skin-loving fatty acids
Maximize anti-oxidant care for the skin through frequent enjoyment of fresh organic fruits, raw unsalted nuts, essential fatty oils, rapidly steamed leafy green and orange-hued vegetables, cooked seasonal tomatoes, safe healthy starches, grass-fed grass-finished meats, wild-caught seafood, dark chocolate in moderation, green tea, water, and a responsible intake (1 glass) of polyphenol-rich red wine to unwind from a long day.
For those seeking a holistic approach to anti-oxidant fortification, our nourishing chocolate avocado mousse with blueberries is the answer to radiant skin.
CHOCOLATE AVOCADO MOUSSE WITH BLUEBERRIES
- 1 high-speed blender
- ½ to 1 medium-sized haas avocado
- 16oz. raw organic coconut water
- 2 tbsp. raw cacao powder
- 1 tbsp. organic Thai coconut milk
- 1 tbsp. BrainOctane/MCT Oil
- 2 tbsp. coconut manna
- 1 tbsp. collagen protein
- ¼ cup choice of berries
- ¼ tsp. salt, season to taste
- Peel avocado and cut into chunks.
- Add avocado to blender along with the other ingredients.
- Blend on high-speed until very creamy then blend on low-speed until smooth and fluffy like a mousse.
- Use a spatula to empty contents into a tall glass, your favorite bowl or mason jar and top with your choice of berries or eat alone.
Makes 2 servings
As with many things in life, it is all about balance; from your diet, lifestyle choices, and skin care treatments. May you always be beautiful.