OILY | SENSITIVE | EVEN SKIN TONE | HEALTHY BARRIER
“My skin is oily and sensitive but luckily I do not have an issue with wrinkles yet. I need help finding products that will soothe my irritated skin. I am tired of wasting money on products that do not work.”
This skin type is characterized by oiliness and inflammation. Your Skin Type is less vulnerable to wrinkles because the antioxidant rich sebum has a protective effect. This skin type will probably get easier as you get older if you practice good lifestyle habits.
A CLOSE-UP LOOK AT YOUR SKIN
With this Skin Type, you may experience any of the following:
- Facial redness and flushing
- Facial oiliness
- Pink patches
- Yellow or skin-colored bumps with a dent in the middle (These enlarged oil glands are called sebaceous hyperplasia.)
- Acne, burning, redness, or stinging in response to many skin care products
- Facial rashes or pink scaling patches, especially around your nose
- Difficulty tanning, frequent sunburns
- Visible red or blue facial blood vessels
All by themselves the recommended regimens below will help many of you, but keep in mind that people with highly reactive skin often have specific allergies beyond those mentioned and may want to consult an allergist to identify allergies to specific foods, products, or environmental factors.
ONGOING CARE FOR YOUR SKIN
Since your Skin Type is on the rosacea spectrum, we recommend the below products to treat problems early because in most cases, you might be able to avoid the more advanced stages of rosacea. If you begin taking good care of your skin now, your skin will improve with time.
Our skin diagnostic uses Baumann's (2004) science-based skin-type classification system comprised of 16 distinct Baumann Skin Types®.