Oily, Sensitive, Pigmented Skin Tone, Wrinkle-Prone Skin
“My oily sensitive skin makes it hard to find a daily facial sunscreen. I admit I have not always been good about protecting my skin from the sun and I want to know how to take better care of it. Preventing skin aging is also important to me.”
A CLOSE LOOK AT YOUR SKIN
Your Skin Type typically experiences any of the following:
- Signs of sun damage
- Red or brown patches
- Areas with dappled brown and white pigment
- Skin spottiness on chest and face
- “Fisherman’s face” with broken facial capillaries
- Frequent acne breakouts
- Redness, stinging, and burning in response to many skin care products
- Sunscreens feel oily and make your face appear shiny
- Regular makeup wears off too easily but ColorStay and other long-lasting makeup brands cause skin redness and itching
- Wrinkles begin in the late twenties or early thirties
- Dark spots in areas of trauma such as cuts, burns, bruises, scrapes, and breakouts
- Dark patches on cheeks
- Lipstick bleeds through edges of lips
- Dark circles under the eyes
ONGOING CARE FOR YOUR SKIN
Protect your skin and treat wrinkles and dark spots as early as possible. The skin’s natural oil provides some antioxidant protection, but it is not enough to protect this vulnerable skin type. It is crucial that this skin type follow a consistent daily regimen for best results.
The goal of your skin care routine is to address oiliness, brown spots, and wrinkles with products that deliver antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients. In addition, your recommended daily regimen will also help to address your other skin concerns by preventing and treating both pimples and inflammation.
Source: Baumann, Leslie. The Skin Type Solution. Bantam Books Trade. 2010 Paperback Edition. Excerpted.